- I rode Speedy around the neighborhood on Monday. Other than getting a bit jacked up, which I was actually glad to see, he seemed very healthy. There was no coughing and no snot. I turned him out on Tuesday evening and enjoyed his very entertaining, and cough and booger free, antics.
- Speedy is continuing the 8-day course of antibiotics which has added an extra level of barn work for both RM, who GRACIOUSLY offered to do the morning dose, and me. We dissolve 12 tablets in water to create a paste which is then mixed into a handful of grain with a dollop of molasses added to create some yumminess for the paste. The whole thing is dumped onto a thin layer of rice bran pellets which encourage a licking-up of the last few grains of the whole sticky mess. I am very fortunate that Speedy LOVES food and will eat any medication without the need for syringing.
- Since all went well on Monday's ride, he should get to do today's lesson.
- Show times for Sunday's dressage show in Clovis have been posted. We're riding Intro B & C at Dressage in the Valley III, a triple-rated show (CDS/USDF/USEF). My Intro B class is at 1:06 and has only one other rider in the class, a Junior/Young Rider. I ride the Into C test at 1:47, and I am the only entry. Yeah?! I guess I'll earn a blue ribbon, but what I really want is a 65%. I promise to let you know.
- Sydney has not been forgotten. During his turn out on Tuesday he let loose a powerful buck that clipped the fence and tore out a chunk. Oops. I had to report the mess to RM who was again, very gracious, about the whole thing. She simply asked if I wouldn't mind helping her with the repair job. Well of course I will. If my horse damages the property, I feel it is my obligation to pay for it or at least assist in the repairs. So now we have that job to tackle in the next week. Barn chores are never done, are they?
- The most exciting news ... while riding around the neighborhood on Monday, I met the neighbor across the way from JL's barn. The neighbor, TB, has a dressage court! Plans are in the works. I'll post more when things are finalized.
It's only Wednesday morning, very early morning, and I am already griping about the length of the week. Lots going on at work, but I am determined to suck it up and not let it interfere with tonight's lesson, or this weekend's show.
A joke went around on Facebook a few weeks ago: After Tuesday, even the calendar says W-Th-F! Kind of my sentiments for the morning.