1. I am a complete dork.
2. Sydney can bolt and hop/buck/rear/squeal with surprising quickness.
3. I can't [yet] move all the parts of my body independently. Think pat your head and rub your belly.
4. I can sit the trot. Not very well. But contrary to what I may have believed 24 hours ago, I can do it.
5. Sydney's brakes need work, but they are improving.
6. I can change diagonals from the sitting trot. Who knew?!
7. Sydney has a lovely trot rhythm.
8. I know what a stretchy "reach" feels like!
9. We have the walk down pat.
10. I am a complete dork. I already said that, I know, but there was more than one opportunity in which to demonstrate that particular item!
That was the lesson in a nut shell. I promise to write about JL's 1,2 let go lesson when I have more time. Suffice it to say that it requires the rider to be able to post rhythmically and do a prescribed arm movement at the same time. No can do, hence the dork comment. More to come. I promise!