From Endurance to Dressage
Wednesday Night Lesson
I had a lesson on Wednesday evening. My writing time is short. So, here is the Late Show's Top 10 ...
1. I am a complete dork.
2. Sydney can bolt and hop/buck/rear/squeal with surprising quickness.
3. I can't [yet] move all the parts of my body independently. Think pat your head and rub your belly.
4. I can sit the trot. Not very well. But contrary to what I may have believed 24 hours ago, I can do it.
5. Sydney's brakes need work, but they are improving.
6. I can change diagonals from the sitting trot. Who knew?!
7. Sydney has a lovely trot rhythm.
8. I know what a stretchy "reach" feels like!
9. We have the walk down pat.
10. I am a complete dork. I already said that, I know, but there was more than one opportunity in which to demonstrate that particular item!
That was the lesson in a nut shell. I promise to write about JL's 1,2 let go lesson when I have more time. Suffice it to say that it requires the rider to be able to post rhythmically and do a prescribed arm movement at the same time. No can do, hence the dork comment. More to come. I promise!
Comments are closed.
About the Writer and Rider
I am a lifelong rider.
I began endurance riding in 1996 where I ultimately completed five, one-day 100 mile races, the 200-mile Death Valley Encounter, and numerous other 50, 65, and 75 mile races. I began showing dressage in 2010.
Welcome to my dressage journey.
About Speedy G
Speedy went from endurance horse to dressage horse. After helping me earn a USDF Bronze medal in the summer of 2020, he is now semi-retired. Speedy is a 2004, 15'1 hand, purebred Arabian gelding. His Arabian Horse Registry name is G Ima Starr FA.
Izzy was started as a four-year old and then spent the next 18 months in pasture growing up. I bought him as a six-year old, and together, we are showing at the lower levels. He is a 2008, 16'3 hand warmblood gelding. His Rheinland Pfalz-saar International (RPSI) name is Imperioso.
National Rider Awards
State Rider Awards
State Horse Awards
CDS Sapphire Rider Award
Third Level: 63.514%
Third Level: 62.105%
2023 Show Season
(r) Ride-a-Test Clinic
2023 Show Schedule
2023 Completed …
2023 Qualifying Scores
Regional Adult Amateur Competition (RAAC)
Qualifying Training Level
3 Scores/2 Judges/60%: