1. This first halt was much better than the one for T2 and yet the judge scored it a half point lower. I was really surprised by the score, 5.5. I don't think I've ever scored lower than a 6.0 for our first halt of a test.
2. The judge commented that Speedy was too strong on my left rein for the first loop. I wish I could see what she means.
3. As we came out of the corner at the canter to begin the working trot at X, I thought I was hauling back hard on the rein to get the downward transition. Speedy was trying to canter right on across and out of the arena. In the video though, it doesn't look nearly as bad as it felt.
4. I kind of liked the medium walk at A. The judge scored us at a 5.0.
5. The canter on the right lead was a bit fussy, and that spook was hilarious. Did you catch the judge's comment for my transition to working trot, "lacked preparation?" I laughed out loud when I saw her comment. A bit of preparation would no doubt have helped. The 5.5 was a generous score for sure!
6. Ouch. Her comment for the stretchy trot really stung. I didn't have room to write it in the video, but you can read it up above for movement 12. Concept? Did she mean I didn't get the concept, or Speedy doesn't? Either way, I know. That is something we've been struggling with for about forever.
7. Her collective marks were the toughest I've had yet, and I've now done more than 30 shows. Speedy nearly always scores a 7.0 on gaits, which he earned for the first test, and we rarely score 5s for the collectives. She really knocked me on both tests for rider's correct and effective use of the aids (5.5). I was also really surprised by the score for submission. On the first test she gave Speedy a 5.5, which struck me as really quite low. For this test, even with the big spook, she gave him a 6. Confusing scoring for sure.
Aw well. What can you do? I actually thought I rode pretty decently. I kept my hands lower, although the right one is still going a bit wonky and my thumbs weren't always up. I really liked my lower leg; it looked quite steady. Now I need to get steadier in my core and hands.
Overall, I earned another score over 60% which will count towards my 2013 CDS Rosette scores. The 58% doesn't make me happy, but it's not a completely horrible score either. Onward and forward ...