Lois Quinn, the trainer in Tehachapi, has encouraged me to do a Susanne von Dietze clinic in mid-October which is being arranged by Ulf Wadeborn. Both are pretty big name riders/trainers, but Lois assures me that I would get a lot out of the clinic as Susanne has a lot of experience in physiotherapy so she focuses on helping the rider use her body more effectively. When I have my lesson on Monday, I'll talk to Lois about the clinic again. I don't think I'll go though as I just got word that Christian Schacht will be back in December.
SInce I know I love Christian's style of teaching, I think my money would better spent taking both boys to ride with him. It would be an expensive weekend, at least $700, but if I got four lessons out of it, two on each boy, I think I would come home with some really valuable information.
This was a busy show season. Here's a quick recap:
- I took Speedy to two overnight clinics, two-days each.
- Speedy did one schooling show.
- Speedy attended 4, two-day USDF rated shows and 1, one-day USDF rated show for a total of 9 nine show days.
- Speedy performed 18 dressage tests at USDF rated shows and earned scores above 60% in 16 of them.
- Sydney attended 3 schooling shows.
- Sydney also competed at 3 CDS-rated shows.
- In total, I went to 12 shows for a total of 16 show days with 32 tests ridden. That's a lot of score sheets to read!
I now have several months to think about what my goals are for 2014. Getting Sydney working in the show ring is obviously high on my list as in competing at First Level on Speedy. I know that when we get greedy in our wants and wishes, life has a tendency of knocking us down a peg or two so I don't want to get too wild in my plans for the upcoming show season.
I think I'll sit back for a couple of months and just enjoy what I've got going right now. I think all three of us could use a bit of a break over the fall. With that, I am heading out to the barn for a ride.