From Endurance to Dressage
My Five Things (for Christmas)
I am at the age where Christmas gifts aren't necessary. I like gifts, but there isn't anything that I need, and I certainly don't expect my family to provide me with all the little wants and wishes that I might have. If I really want something, I can buy it for myself.
Even so, it's fun to write a letter to Santa. I am not saying I believe, but I am not saying I don't believe either. So just in case ...
A Letter to Santa
It's that time of year again. I know you keep careful track of who has been naughty or nice throughout the year, and I am confident that you'll find my name on your good list. My own list is small, only five things. It would be nice to find even one thing under my Christmas tree with a from Santa gift tag.
Here's my wish list.
1. A gift card to Dover Saddlery would be awesome!
2. I love the Kerrits Ventilator Shirt. I do have one already, but I would love a second for two-day shows. I wear a Medium and would like one in white. A second one in another color would also be cool!
3. A new pair of Tough Rider Low Rise Breeches would be much appreciated. I ride a lot which means my breeches need replacing now and again. I wear a size 30 and would like a pair in Taupe, but any color would be great!
4. A small pair of cordless clippers to do ears and muzzles would help me out during next year's show season. The Andis Freedom Clippers seem like they'll do the job. Since we don't have power at the barn, the cordless option is great!
5. And finally, as a pie-in-the-sky kind of wouldn't it be AWESOME! gift, Stübben's 1700 Padded Snaffle Bridle. I would, of course, like a regular caveson, no flash, in Cob size although the full might also fit. Speedy would look nice in the black on black option. Margaret Young at The Tack Outlet would love to get me this bridle. If you need a Stübben product, she can be reached at 559-325-7102 or 559-593-1506.
Thanks for all you do, Santa!
Cha Ching's mom
12/12/2012 09:54:50 pm
Santa... Bridle bridle bridle bridle...
12/14/2012 10:03:47 pm
Do you have a connection with the big guy? Maybe you can put in a good word for me! :0)
12/14/2012 10:04:10 pm
12/13/2012 12:41:21 pm
Haha...I love you list! And the Bridle is awesome, I think I need to add it to my already Horsey loaded list. :)
12/14/2012 10:05:04 pm
I am not sure what I would do with such a nice one. My bridles are all so dusty - I might have to really take care of this one!
12/14/2012 10:06:03 pm
I LOVE this shirt! I wish I had one for every day of the week. It's so nice to show in because it dries quickly.
Comments are closed.
About the Writer and Rider
I am a lifelong rider.
I began endurance riding in 1996 where I ultimately completed five, one-day 100 mile races, the 200-mile Death Valley Encounter, and numerous other 50, 65, and 75 mile races. I began showing dressage in 2010.
Welcome to my dressage journey.
About Speedy G
Speedy went from endurance horse to dressage horse. After helping me earn a USDF Bronze medal in the summer of 2020, he is now semi-retired. Speedy is a 2004, 15'1 hand, purebred Arabian gelding. His Arabian Horse Registry name is G Ima Starr FA.
Izzy was started as a four-year old and then spent the next 18 months in pasture growing up. I bought him as a six-year old, and together, we are showing at the lower levels. He is a 2008, 16'3 hand warmblood gelding. His Rheinland Pfalz-saar International (RPSI) name is Imperioso.
National Rider Awards
State Rider Awards
State Horse Awards
CDS Sapphire Rider Award
Third Level: 63.514%
Third Level: 62.105%
2023 Show Season
(r) Ride-a-Test Clinic
2023 Show Schedule
2023 Completed …
2023 Qualifying Scores
Regional Adult Amateur Competition (RAAC)
Qualifying Training Level
3 Scores/2 Judges/60%: