- Even though I had a very frustrating week (tears, more tears, call to Mom, still in tears ...), I did a lot of riding. Sydney's right lead canter is proof of my saddle time. During Friday's ride, we floated along in a super quiet left lead canter, came back to trot, and picked up the right lead canter. The kids next door were playing with that roller coast car thing again just as Sydney and I started the right lead canter. He spooked hard, but I bent him around my inside leg and sent him forward at the canter. Spooking finished. I am loving this horse ...
- I found out that I wasn't selected for the CDS Adult Amateur Clinic in June which is fine as the timing was pretty tight anyway. I was disappointed, but it's for the best. June is already overbooked: a vacation to Belize/Guatemala, a show, and Christian Schacht is coming back at that time. I think I have plenty to do already as it is!
- I rode in mid-70 degree temperature in a sleeveless shirt on Friday evening. We've gone from a mild winter to a very fast forward spring. It's supposed to hit the low 80s this weekend. I know some ponies who are getting a serious bath over the weekend. Bye-bye winter coat!
- Sydney stepped on my foot on Friday - the same foot that Speedy smashed the sh%t out of a few months ago. That bruise is still not healed all the way through. Fortunately, Sydney got my foot in a slightly different spot, but it's already red and tender. Hopefully it doesn't go all purple and black.
- Completely un-horse related, but very relevant on a Friday evening, Margarita's are the perfect way to end a very long, very stressful week. Hope your Friday Happy Hour was as happy as mine.