I've used it to clean both of my bridles several times. It still has a lovely scent; sometimes scented products bother me, not this time time. I also like how it is continuing to clean my bridles without leaving any residue. Each day that I come out, my bridles feel clean and soft without that tackiness so many cleaners leave behind. The product wipes off easily and very little scrubbing is necessary.
I finally got a chance to try it on my saddle and was even happier with the job it did there. My saddle is made from buffalo which is very soft and porous. Most soaps are difficult to use on such soft leather. the Higher Standards Leather soap went on easily and without much effort removed some buildup from where my boots and stirrup leathers rub my panels. Big score for that!
I also used the conditioner on my saddle. I chose a warm day so the conditioner came out of the tub more easily. The first time I used it, I wasn't as happy with how hard it was. With the warmth of the day, the conditioner had melted a little and came out much more easily. I loved how it spred across my saddle; it seemed to melt into the leather. I let it sit for a little while and then went back with a soft cloth and was pleased with how easily it buffed to a smooth finish. My buffalo leather doesn't seem to "shine" like some leather saddles do, but I knew it was clean and soft.
- I am going to ask that only folks who haven't yet tried the HS products put their name into the "hat." And if you're local, feel free to participate.
- If you're interested, just leave a comment saying that you'd like to try the stuff out. If you've already tried the soap and balm, you can still leave a comment about your thoughts on the product.
- Make sure you leave your name and email address so that I can reach you if your name is drawn.
- If I draw your name, I'll send you an email asking for a mailing address and your choice of scent. You can see the soap and balm package here.
- Once I know which scent you like, I'll place an order and have it mailed directly to your address. (I promise not to share your address and no stalking will occur.)
- I'll draw a name on Sunday evening after 5:00 p.m. Pacific time, so if you're interested, make sure to leave a comment before then.
- No sharing of my blog is necessary. I just want someone else to have a chance to try this stuff out for free like I did. :0)