So this Thanksgiving, I feel that I have more to be thankful for than anyone deserves. I am thankful for ...
- My husband who not only indulges (maybe a strong word - tolerates might be better) my equestrian passion, but he is an excellent provider who has worked very hard to give us a life that I never expected.
- Friends and family who still root for me and want me to be happy. Just the other day my mother-in-law laughed at the hole in the toe of my horsey sock. That she took an interest in a part of my life that my non-horsey family doesn't understand, left me feeling very thankful to have people who love me.
- My job. While my husband is a great provider, my job enables me to afford the extras, and then gives me time off to do even more. I am looking at you, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and Summer vacations.
- Speedy. Four years ago, I just appreciated his quirkiness. Today, I am so thankful to own such a kind and steady soul. He has done so much to help Izzy these last two weeks. Just yesterday, I put a ten year old kid up on him and had no fear that he'd hurt her. That dude has achieved sainthood.
- Izzy, Tobias, and Brienne of Tarth (the dogs). I am just trying to keep my list short enough to avoid losing everyone when I am so close to the end. While Izzy might be a handful, he is teaching me to be a better rider, and for that I am thankful. Tobi and Brienne keep our house busy and full of life. We adore them both and are grateful they chose us.
- And finally, I am grateful to have all of you in my life as well. Blogging brings me great joy, but without someone to talk to each day, it would be an empty endeavor and quite joyless.