Since I bought Izzy a year ago, he has had some kind of wound on his body that has required doctoring. And I am not talking about little scrapes and bumps. His are HUGE and most have to do with his legs and feet. He is just so active in his stall and paddock that he is tearing himself to bits.
Most recently, he has tried to separate his hooves from his body. I have tried several pairs of bell boots already, but he has managed to get them off his feet within a day or so. I put them on and the next day I find them ripped into a million little pieces.
When I first put him back in his stall, he started chewing on the bell boots immediately. Crap. I don't have much hope for this product. Not one to be deterred, I threw caution to the wind and set the nozzle to spray. The directions explicitly forbade using the spray feature as the dose delivered would coat too large of an area. Fine by me.
After coating the bell boots again, this time with the spray dose as opposed to the stream, Izzy reached down to give the boots another tug. He quickly gave the flehmen response which gave me some hope.
After his tail was neatly combed through, I lifted it and cut a good six inches off. It looked so much better that I wondered how I let it go so long.