So, in honor of G Ima Starr's day, here are a few things about him that you might have missed.
- He's ten years old (or will be).
- I've owned him since he was 3 years and 8 months.
- I bought him from his breeder so I am his first "girl."
- While his endurance career was short lived, he did complete 3 limited distance races, the longest being a 35 miler, and an actual endurance event of 55 miles. I moved to dressage before he really had a chance to go far in the sport.
- Speedy has been to 38 dressage shows, most of them rated, in only 4 years. He's a bit of a rock star, that one.
- His highest score at a USDF show is a 67.000% (training level test 3). He has also earned two scores in the 70% range at a schooling show (intro).
I sometimes think about selling him. He's going to make some junior rider very, very happy someday. I am just not quite ready to part with him though. He's still super fun to ride, and that boy has more personality than any gray gelding has a right to. I think I'll keep him for at least one more birthday. I think he's finally getting to the age where he can be useful, sort of like a bottle of wine. He's getting better with some age.
Cheers, Speedy G!