If you're more Norman Rockwell, you're probably reading someone else's blog this morning. Well actually, if you're in NR's camp, you're enjoying a fireside cup of cocoa dressed in perfectly pressed trousers with perfectly coifed hair as you politely converse with your loved ones. The Charlie Brown folks are reading blogs in their sweats while a muddy dog sits underfoot shedding dirt and hair in its wake (much like Pig Pen) while only half-heartedly worrying about whether the bottom of the pie is burnt.
I am thankful for ...
- my husband who tolerates, and quite often even supports, my obsessive desire for all things equine. And he usually does it with a smile.
- friends and family who woot-woot my successes no matter how tiny they are. First out of one - you rock! Tenth out ten - you go, girl!
- a job that pays me like I actually work 52 weeks out of the year. I love you Thanksgiving break, Christmas break, Easter Break, and Summer vacation!
- Speedy G's quirky and hilarious brand of I'll do it my way, thank you very much. That dude is one funny pony, and I'll keep him no matter how many parts of my body he's bruised or busted up!
- Sydney. He's the only horse I've ever owned who hasn't tried to kill me at least one time. He's also a real sweetheart who brings a smile to my face every time I see him.
Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!