I worried that by jumping to such a "high" dose so quickly, we would run out of room to adjust his medication. Dr. Tolley agreed that a 1.5 mg dose would be a good compromise. We also decided to give the dosage a 90-day trial period with bloodwork to be redrawn at the end of the three months. That deadline has arrived.
So unless the scrape/bite was more traumatic than Speedy let on, his ACTH numbers should not be elevated due to the stress of traveling and being at the vet hospital. We should get the results back by early next week. Once we know what his numbers are, we'll adjust his Prascend according to my vet's recommendation.
Fingers crossed for numbers below a hundred. Below fifty would be even better, but I think that might be wishful thinking.