On Sunday I ...
- cleaned all four stalls which if you'll remember are actually large, open air pens. I also spread bedding in my two stalls and hosed them down.
- hosed down the barn aisle.
- turned one horse out and rode the other three horses which requires the removal and replacement of four fly masks and three fly sheets. The fly mask/fly sheet thing is a job in and of itself!
- hosed down two horses, not my own.
- watered the arena which requires the set up and removal of two large sprinklers that are connected to two very long and heavy hoses. I first watered the area where I planned to ride. After riding, I watered the rest of the arena and then dragged the hoses back to my preferred riding area so that they were ready to go for the next day.
- swept the cross tie area and tack room.
- fed my boys their beet pulp and tossed them some afternoon hay.
And after all of that, I went to the gym and ran over two and a half miles and followed it all up by cooking dinner! Who said Sunday was a day of rest?