Last year, I shared my "Un-Bucket" list, a list of things that I had already done. You know how it's really hard to buy gifts for your parents (they have everything!), I find that I am getting to that place myself. As I get older, there is less and less that I want or need, but there is more and more that I hope to see and do.
I managed to add quite a few things to my Un-Bucket list this year. I am not sure that they were things I had necessarily dreamed of doing, but that's the magic of emptying a bucket - you never know what you're going to pull out!
1. I bought a warmblood cross.
2. I scored over 70% at a USDF show, twice!
3. I won my class at a regional show (RAAC).
4. I competed at the California Dressage Society Championship show.
5. I gave away a horse instead of selling him so that he might have a job that made him happier.
6. I went to the Breeders' Cup with my husband.
7. I rode in a horse drawn wagon at Mt. Vernon, George Washington's home.
8. I watched Rafalca's farewell performance (probably one of many).
9. I rode a 17 hand plus horse (thanks, C).
10. I earned the adult amateur high score at a show.
11. I monogrammed some stuff and even bought some bling.
12. I was chosen to participate in the CDS AA Clinic.
13. I finally showed at First Level.
14. I chatted with Hilda Gurney (again).
15. Speedy and I had our picture in Dressage Today.
16. I saw California Chrome in person.
17. I sold my last endurance saddle (kind of bittersweet).
18. I rode with the German trainer, Christian Schacht, again (three times!).
19. I sent a horse to a trainer.
20. I won another neck ribbon (that makes three!) and a cooler (which also makes three!).