HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
- I was born in Fairbanks, Alaska in the middle of winter.
- During my mid-30s I learned how to cook, and much to my husband's surprise (and my own), I am actually pretty good at it.
- I don't like blueberries, not even in muffins.
- I am a Jeopardy fanatic and get the final "question" right at least 75% of the time.
- I am a huge NASCAR fan.
- I was the Garberville Rodeo Queen when I was 14 years old.
- I am 42 years old and have been with my husband for more than half my life.
- I don't eat fast food. Seriously - no McDonalds's, Burger King, or Taco Bell. If we're traveling, I might eat at a Subway.
- There is one plant in my house. It sits behind the kitchen sink, and I have never personally watered it. If it weren't for my husband, I would be living in a house on a dirt lot.
- I've lived in this house longer than any other in my whole life; 8 years!
- Having to list eleven random facts is really messing with my OCD tendencies.
1. What horse show would you love to show at, if money was no object?
Not that I'm rich, but money's not usually the problem, ability is more my hold up. Right now, I would love to be able to make it to the California Dressage Society Championship Show. I need five qualifying scores; I have two.
2. Name one attribute that would be a deal-breaker for a horse you would like to purchase?
3. Name one piece of tack you covet.
A REALLY nice bridle. My mom bought me a lovely Stübben, but I only use it to show. I would like a nice bridle to use for schooling, but I am too cheap to drop $200 on something that's going to get dusty every day.
4. Favorite equine website?
I visit the California Dressage Society's page a lot.
5. Describe your dream trailer.
I actually own it already - a three horse goose neck with living quarters. And it's all mine! I just made the final payment in April.
6. Cats or Dogs?
Dogs, no question.
7. Favorite 90's TV Show?
Truthfully, I don't watch a lot of television, but I remember the very first Simpsons episode that aired in December of 1989. I watched it all the way through the 90's and still watch if I catch an episode.
8. East coast or West coast?
West coast - not a fan of humidity!
9. Are you a girly-girl or a guys' girl?
Neither. I am too much of a tomboy to be a girly-girl, but I hate beer which kicks me out of the boys' club!
10. Name one fear.
11. What's your favorite thing about yourself?
I am without pretense.
- Where did you meet the love of your life? (Not met him yet? Where might you meet him?)
- You've just won the lottery. Would you quit your job?
- Black tack or brown?
- Where is one place you wouldn't want to visit?
- What's your favorite horse book?
- How many riding disciplines have you tried?
- Is there something you won't do with your horse?
- Favorite barn snack?
- Do you have a "guilty" pleasure?
- What's your favorite brand of potato chips?
- Do you prefer "fancy" breeches, or just plain jane?